May 25, 2023
The Amery Economic Development Corporation (AEDC) continues its work to address Amery economic issues. Although not a city department, the AEDC works side by side with the city as a resource for our local businesses and entrepreneurs.
Our top initiatives include:
- Work to bring additional housing options to the Amery Community.
- Work to attract affordable childcare options to Amery.
- Work to attract a workforce for our Amery businesses.
- Work to attract hotel development to Amery.
- To be an advocate for our main street businesses and services as well as our manufacturing and healthcare businesses.
Activity in support of the initiatives listed above include:
- In the past year, met with and spoke to 3 different housing developers. Successful housing development was not achieved but we keep working at this important objective
- In the past year, met with and spoke with 2 childcare providers. Each provider has established centers in nearby communities and that is why we reached out to them. At this time, success has not been achieved but work continues.
- In partnership with the Polk County EDC, held a workshop on Foreign Recruitment with the goal of providing employers with options to growing their workforce. One healthcare employer is moving forward on foreign recruitment.
- Working with a hotel developer on a project for Amery. This has been a long process and hopefully it will get results.
- In 2021 and 2022, the AEDC worked with 43 Amery area businesses on obtaining the $10,000 Main Street Bounce Back Grant. 14 of those were in this past year.
- Work to keep the AEDC website current including a listing of all available commercial properties.
- In partnership with the City of Amery, the Amery Fire Department, The Amery Community Club, the Amery Community Foundation, the AEDC has contributed funds to the Community Sign project. When completed, this sign will be used to promote Amery activities and businesses to our community residents as well as people passing through Amery.
The items listed above are but a few of the activities the AEDC gets involved in throughout the year.
The AEDC is an independent organization and the work it does can only be accomplished through the financial support of its membership. If you are one of our 64 members for the July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023 AEDC business year, we thank you for your support which allows us to execute our mission “Helping Business Do Business”. For those of you who have not been an AEDC member, we hope you will consider supporting us as we move forward in our efforts to build on the great things happening in Amery. Please return the enclosed membership form with your level of support.
Amery Economic Development Corporation