This June marks the Amery Economic Development Corporation's 10th year of incorporation. The AEDC Board of Directors and Paul Shafer, Executive Director, are appreciative of your financial support which allows us to execute on our mission, "Helping Business Do Business".
The AEDC continues efforts to bolster talent attraction and retention. This is vital to the success of our current employers. In addition, a strong workforce is an important consideration for an employer looking to locate or expand in our community. Efforts in this area include:
- Continued support of the www.workamery.org website with the goal of promoting existing jobs in the Amery area.
- Supported and promoted the Polk County All Skills Day held May of 2018.
- Worked with the Amery High School Tech. Ed. Department to hold an open house in August of 2018 to emphasize areas of collaboration between school and employers.
- Helped to start the Amery Young Professionals Organization to provide a networking opportunity for young professionals and get them more involved in our community.
- In collaboration with the Polk County EDC Director, we organized county wide meetings to discuss housing needs in our country and city. This has led to a county wide housing study due to kick off in mid-2019.
- Continue to promote housing expansion in our community.
- Over the course of the year, met with 14 parties interested in expanding or starting a business in Amery. Some of these are on-going.
- Continue to work on adding hotel rooms to our community.
- Participated on the Pedestrian/Bike Steering Committee.
- Provided leadership for the City of Amery and Community Club booth at the Spring Show.
The work of the AEDC is only possible with your support. If you are one of our 65 current members, thank you for your support and we hope you will renew your membership. If you are not a member, we hope you will consider support of the AEDC and of our efforts to build on great things happening in Amery!
Amery Economic Development Corporation